Knowing for sure that although I long for God, Godís longing for me is even greater. I will rest in that knowledge
this day. Amen.
- I will recall that I am a child of God. I am one who is created out of Love. I am chosen, good, holy
and have purpose...a task to perform here on Earth before I return to the Father. I deserve to be treated as a
person who has value and dignity.
- I will embrace my illness or my family members illness as a friend this day looking for what it is teaching
me about the mystery of God and Life.
- I will not allow the stigma of mental illness to defeat me this day. I will choose to have power over
stigma by detaching myself from the stigma.
- I will talk to someone today who will encourage me to see my goodness and holiness as a child of God.
Maybe we will share a prayer together for one another.
- I will look for humor and reasons to laugh and be happy. Quiet joy will be my goal.
- I will read a passage from Scripture or something from a book of devotion, inspiration or spiritual reading
that will encourage me to trust and hope in the power and love of God.
- I will seek twenty minutes of solitude, silence, prayer this day. If my mind wonít quiet down, if my
thoughts keep racing, I will offer that as my prayer to God. If necessary and helpful, I will listen to soothing
instrumental music or inspirational/religious music to quiet me and remind me that God is present.
- I will walk outdoors marveling at a sunrise, a sunset, the song of a bird, the soothing colors of
nature...the serenity of green grass, a blue sky, the softness of the pastel colored blossoms of Springtime and the
peaceful waters of a river, lake or stream that ripple and flow. I will remind myself that everything in nature is
a reflection of the Creator and pleases the Creator just as it is and so do I just as I am.
- I will delight in the knowledge that we are each created different because it is in our differences we make a more
powerful and beautiful whole. We each reflect a different aspect of the mystery of Life and God. Individually and
together we are a Masterpiece!
- In God is my hope and my joy. I will give honor, glory and praise to God knowing and trusting what God has in
store for me. We do not seek or like suffering but our suffering can make us strong in many ways and more compassionate
and loving to others...our brothers and sisters in the Lord.
Rita Sebastian Lambert
Workshop on Spirituality